Alzheimer's gamma wave 40 Hz light flashing

MIT Massachusetts Institute of technology came out with a study where a flashing light at 40 Hz would improve rats that had been raised for Alzheimer’s. The flashing 40 Hz light would help in removing amyloid plaque which is a marker of Alzheimer’s. The question is will this help humans that have Alzheimer’s? Since Muse measures brain gamma waves this would be a way of testing the 40 Hz flashing light signal and it’s effect on this brainwave. I would like to know if anybody has tested this 40 Hz light signal with their Muse headband. To receive more information on this 40 Hz flashing light and Alzheimer’s google MIT 40 Hz Alzheimer’s.
Regards,
pouloscj

Hi,
This is something I’ve been interested in and would want to look into. I made a flashing headset out of an Arduino and have been meaning to do some very rudimentary early experiments. I’ll post results as I get them.

Hey,
I ran a quick experiment where I measured the value of relative gamma band power. You’ll find the charts I generated below for each electrode. Baseline was with a steady LED no flashing while gamma was with the LED flashing at 40 hertz.

The increase of relative gamma in FP1 and FP2 with the flashing LED is so clear-cut I think it might be signal pollution from the LED’s. I’ll have to run another experiment to make sure. I also think the recording for TP9 might be a bit off due to the sensor not being properly placed.

Anyway that’s a quick little initial experiment. The results surprised me a bit I have to say. I would like to give this experiment another go to make sure the effect is genuine.

I have invented a device that is currently be used. I have 33 patients; 25 have shown extraordinary progress. These patients are 2 stroke victims, 19 Dementia/Alzheimers, 4 Parkinsons. Stroke victim has recovered right side mobility, Alzheimer patients cognitive and abstract function and identification skills statistical improvement, Parkinsons patients decreased tremblers and enhanced motor skills with 7 riding bicycles after 4 weeks of 1hour/day treatment. I have a patent pending on the devices. These devices are tunable to specific energy outputs at various amplitudes. Each patient is analyzed using EEG to optimize the strobe frequency and amplitude. Each patient is slightly different and must be evaluated prior to treatment. I have started production of the devices in Charleston, SC. Prices are all under $600 per unit. contact me at shep.algae@gmail.com if your interested in stopping amyloidosis disease.