Apps I would like

This topic is for your requests for app ideas!

What I would like is an app that simply shows relative alpha, beta, etc. levels with simple indicators. It could be a simple bar chart showing percentages, or a pie chart with changing slices, or colored lotus flowers floating in the air. Nothing fancy, but I would like the feedback on those thing so I could see what effects working particular bands up or down has.

Ta dar :slight_smile:

[URL=“https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonicPenguins.museMonitor”]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonicPenguins.museMonitor

Ooh that looks cool. Too bad I’m on an iphone. :frowning:

I plan to release an iPhone version once the iOS SDK is completed.

Enigma644: Looks great! Here is another Muser looking forward to the iOS version.

Hi Enigma,

What about adding OSC output to nework to Muse Monitor ?
See this post: http://forum.choosemuse.com/forum/developer-forum/6287-starting-osc-feeds-from-a-mobile

App ideas for people with the know-how:

• A Jhana (=series of calm concentrated mental states described in the Buddhist Pali Canon [and commentaries], listed as prerequisites for attaining awakening) inducer. How to go about it? Would take some work, but not impossible, and if successful, potentially ground-breaking.

1 Record advanced meditators before, during and after jhanas using a Muse - Muse Monitor should be up to this task…?
2 Figure out the common patterns between these meditators.
3 Figure out how to entrain these patterns using tech. Candidates - binaural beats/isochronic tones entrainment, pulsed low current electrical stimulation such as CES or tACS, etc.
4 Build app.

• Muse monitored brain training for any game that is similar to the ones found on the sites Lumosity, Brainturk, Cognitive Fun, etc. Basically letting a Muse monitor run in the background (naturally this task is already possible using Muse Monitor, but it would be cool if the game and the monitoring function were not separate).

• Basic Muse-enhanced entrainment with binaural beats or isochronic tones - entrainment that measures the response to a particular frequency and then delivers the optimal one.

• Platform type game based on a spiritual journey where each step requires mastery of a particular mind state. Could be something like the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, a sorcerer theme like NeuroMage, maybe a monk or martial artist in training…

• Mind controlled Tetris? :slight_smile:

As a musician and audio engineer, I’d be interested in an app that manipulated sound in various ways depending on mental state. The number of ways in which sound could be manipulated is vast … some suggestions:

Using reverb, sound is further away or closer.

Stereo imaging: try to keep the sound focused in the center.

Amplitude: louder or softer

Equalization: low scores make sound midrange only (telephone audio), very high scores equal full frequency response (flat, no EQ curve)

Delay (echo): keep the sound repeating as long as possible (think of a soccer player kicking a ball into the air repeatedly, not letting it hit the ground)

A lucid dreaming app and an app for concentration

Good stuff [B]Enigma644[/B], your app is all I ever wanted :slight_smile: Hopefully with LibMuse for iOS we will see the Iphone version soon!

LucidScribe which is an app for facilitating and even inducing lucid dreams, is already working to support Muse. You can help out here: http://lucidcode.com/category/software/lucid-scribe-plugins/interaxon-muse-eeg/

I unfortunately can’t get my muse to keep a connection with my Mac, and I don’t have enough knowledge to use lucidscribe In its current form. I am hoping for an iOS (not OS X) soloution, that’s a little more userfriendly. :slight_smile:

Currently pending Apple approval…

It’s not here yet… but soon this link should start working!

According to http://appreviewtimes.com/, it’ll be about 9 days.

I went looking for a replacement for a blue CFL light bulb in my bathroom and fell into the world of smart light bulbs. I think there is some potential there for changing the color/intensity of the light based on gamma/beta/alpha or the concentration/mellow elements.

looked into what sort of support there was as far as API/SDK etc and it looks like Philips (Hue) and Lifx offer support for developers. For a decent setup where you could DIY anything it looked like a hub would be needed. (There are cheap single-bulb wifi/bluetooth products but they only have a proprietary app)

Great news, Enigma… can’t wait to try out the iOS version. I have added my thoughts on a useful app here:
http://forum.choosemuse.com/forum/main-forum/2640-muse-app
Basically what you have for “Muse Monitor” is a good start, but it would be nice to also add other metadata (e.g. supplements taken, sleep, meditation, binaural beats, time of day etc. before/during a session) so that beyond tracking concentration we can start to correlate activities/events with correlation so that we can replicate the state with ease.

The correlation analysis would ideally be done in app - but as a start, just being able to tag sessions and then download data for offline analysis would be great.

HI …I BOUGHT THE MUSE´S HEADBAND BUT I ONLY KNOW HOW TO USE WITH CALM APPS,… I WANT TO KNOW MORE TYPES OF APPLICATION FROM IT , BUT DOES ANYBODY SPEAK SPANISH SO I CAN UNDERSTAND WELL

THANKS

Depende de que tipo de telefono tienes. El SDK de iOS que facilita desarrollo de aplicaciones de iPhone y tal esta bastante nuevo, entonces no creo que haya muchas aplicaciones aun. Pero para el Andriod algunos habra. No se cuales, solo tengo un iphone y estoy bastante interesado en el aplicación de Enigma555 (de enlace de arriba)

I’m all for this kind of general approach. Also, something simple I’d love to try for meditation, is an app (or mode in the muse app) where rather than this continual noise feedback, it i.e. just rings a (tibetan) bell to ‘kick’ you if your mind has wandered too long, but otherwise its not giving you this continual noise feedback which while good sometimes, can potentially be distracting.

I’m looking forward to trying out the iOS version of Muse Monitor. One thing I would like to be able to do is gather data similar to what Calm gives me (quiet, neutral, agitated) for my meditation sessions, both guided meditations and independent mindfulness meditations.

Another app I would like to see is based on some research and application of the research which is similar to MUSE Calm. The concept would be to have a video player into which the user could load a video (maybe a YouTube or Vimeo video, or something longer like a purchased movie or TV episode) and the player uses the input to measure focus. As long as the user is focused on the video, the video plays, and when their attention wanders, it stops. Like Calm, this scenario is providing positive and negative feedback to the user, in a subtle way.

Just a few ideas. Thanks for reading.

Muse Monitor is now available on the Apple app store!