Breathing exercise metronome is off

Product: Muse 2
Platform: iOS

Description: The metronome timer in the background of the 4-6 breath meditation is off and makes it confusing to do (only for the exhale).

Expected behaviour: I would expect that the exhale timer be in line with when you start the exhale. Such as - Inhale - 2 - 3 - 4 - Exhale - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - Inhale, etc etc

Actual behaviour: The timing is more like this Inhale - 2 - 3 - 4 - Exhale - . - 2.5 - 3.5 - 4.5 - 5.5 - 6.5Inhale. If this were musical notation, it feels like the exhale starts counting on the the upbeat instead of on the downbeat like the inhale is.

Steps to reproduce: Use the breath 4-6 program.

any info on this?

Bug is still there, bumping

I couldn’t work out what you meant so I just tried it. I agree, seems like the out breath metronome is weirdly offset. Quite off putting at the end of the out breath as you only get 1/2 a beat before the in breath starts. Couldn’t get synchronisation from this. Threw me throughout the exercise.

Yeah it’s very distracting and more importantly makes it difficult to use the exercise in the first place. This is the feature I was really looking forward to in Muse 2 and I just can’t use it like this. If they have the original audio files, I would imagine this is a simple fix. It would be nice to be able to change the timer counts as well.

gonna bump again

checking in on this again