Can anyone offer an explanation to this?

I put this on the general forum and although it’s been read about 150 times no one has offered any insight. I’m posting here in hopes of some sort of technical explanation. As it stands now, I’ve stopped using my headset because I’ve lost in what it’s actually doing - if anything.

I’ve been using the headband since December (after carefully going through all 10 exercises) and thought I was progressing, although the only way I could tell was to plot my data on an Excel chart. I noticed that over time my Calm time and birds were gradually increasing.

I find it surprising that they don’t correlate multiple sessions over time in the app, but that’s another story.

Then I just happened to do a calibration and get distracted. Much to my surprise without trying to be calm at all I was hearing more birds than ever.

So, today I calibrated and then began driving with the headband on. I found during this 7 minute session I heard birds nearly continuously, albeit my score wasn’t nearly as high as I would have anticipated (629, 28 birds - 28 when nearly continuously hearing them??).

So, I’m not certain what the headband is actually measuring. I would have expected to hear no birds and lots of noise when driving or when not concentrating on one thing, like my breath.

Looking back through many charts I have to admit I see on a regular basis low noise in the beginning of my sessions and as I think I’m being calm the noise actually increases.

I’ve spent 650 minutes musing.

it is not clear what worries you. It seems that you are suspicious of the results shown by MUSE when you show how many passes are singing. that’s right?

How Muse responds during your session depends on what your mental state was during calibration. If you were very distracted, the session will be relatively easy, and if you were relaxed the session will be more difficult.