Converting muse data

Hi everyone

I have had some troubles when I’m trying to convert some muse recordings using muse-player. In fact it seems that everything is ok, but when it is almost finish, the process didn’t finish at all.

I will show you the process with an screenshot

Have you ever had this problem?

I am also having the same problem. Would love some clarity on the issue.

Nowadays, I continue having the same problem. So, in order to finish my project I had to learn android studio basics to implement the “SDK” provided by Muse team.

Hope soon somebody would help us :sweat_smile:

greetings

I have the same problem, it’s all day I looking for a solution, without an error script it’s difficult to resolve!
I hope in some improvement!! First I had to resolve problem in pairing and now the conversion doesn’t work…
it’s hard to work in this situation

I believe this problem is due to non-English characters e.g áéíóú getting into the .Muse files data through data-markers generated on non-English system. I assume these files were created with Muse-IO or Muse Direct? I thought that they had fixed this though, so I would first try updating to the latest version.

You should try my unofficial updated Muse Player, to see if that works, but if it still doesn’t work then; if you record with Muse Monitor you will be able to convert those files without issue.

Yes, you have right these files were created with muse direct.
I hope to use this program because it has more output data, while with muse monitor i had to calculate by myself the relative band power.
I see that the way to calculate the relative band are:
alpha_relative = alpha_absolute / (alpha_absolute + beta_absolute + delta_absolute + gamma_absolute + theta_absolute)
or alpha_relative = (10^alpha_absolute / (10^alpha_absolute + 10^beta_absolute + 10^delta_absolute + 10^gamma_absolute + 10^theta_absolute))

Could you explain to me the difference beetween this two formulas, i think it’s give the same results, i try both but i have two different results so i dont understand…

thanks

The top one will give you relative as a percentage of the sum of the other values. The bottom formula will give you a log scale result between 0 and 1. You should use the bottom formula as it’s not susceptible to divide by zero errors.