Don't sleep with muse 2

Hello I would like to know if it is possible to have a signal with the headband muse 2 to avoid falling asleep?

I tried something: put the birds only with a volume booster, telling me that the sound of birds would wake me up when I fall asleep. I cut all the others sound.

Only the sound of birds is not enough to wake me up, do you know it’s a third-party application or a patch can replace the noise of birds by another noise more strident for example to be awake?

It’s pity that muse don’t done a difference between good meditation and sleeping.

thank you for your reply
Have a good day
Pierre

FWIW, I’ve found that I have much fewer birds–usually none–and much higher brain activity when I’m starting to fall asleep. So, for me, I could definitely not rely on birds to wake me up–it’s just the opposite.

I, too, cut out all sounds other than the birds. Just a personal preference.

I read somewhere – I think it was from the V.P. of development – that sleeping is not considered a calm state and the algorithm is designed to start the winds blowing if a sleep state is detected. I found this out when I tried using the Muse 2 while laying on a couch and fell asleep. The sounds did sound more windy than usual. When the session was over I was surprised that I had logged a 10% calm state.

I don’t have a problem with this, as you’re supposed to be meditating, not sleeping. If you want to sleep there’s probably sound-only apps for that.