EEG data, from app to computer

Is there any android app from which I can extract EEG raw data (which was recorded using muse headband) to a computer?

I wrote an app called Muse Monitor to do just that :slight_smile:
Here is a sample of what you can get from the app. You can view it online with Muse Monitor’s online Charts. This was recorded at 1Hz, but you can adjust to the full 256Hz via settings.

Hi Enigma644.

Thanks for your informations. But can I do these things real time?

Yes. You can stream via OSC and view that stream live in Interaxon’s Muse Lab, or any other software that supports OSC. You can also stream and record at the same time if you want.

Thanks a lot, man. Would you mind if I knock you when I get stuck in any problem?

No problem. Support email is on the website :slight_smile:

We have an app called Muse Direct available on the App store which can do this. You can visualize, record, stream data from all of our devices: Muse, Muse 2, and the Focus Glasses.

I ordered the Muse for a research experiment (after returning the Muse 2) and hope to use Muse Monitor to display and help with the interpretation of my data. I have to share what my dependent variable will be and explain what I will be monitoring over the course of the 20 minute session. The crux of my experiment is that a participant will be engaging in a 20 minute flash card vocab memorization activity while periodically receiving texts from the experimenter. I want to compare changes in brainwave patterns during baseline sessions when individuals are not receiving texts, versus experimental sessions where they are. I also want to see whether any significant changes occur in brainwaves immediately after receiving texts. Do you think that Muse monitor could help me do this, and what exactly should I be measuring? Sorry that I’m pretty inexperienced with neuroscience, my studies have mostly been focused on school psychology and applied behavior analysis, so this is a new field for me! Thank you so much, can’t wait to get started with this research! Of course I’ll include links to your software and credits to you within my study. Thanks again!

also are there any research guidelines or protocols or studies that I could include within my proposal that may corroborate my research methods?

Muse Monitor can definitely help with recording the data, but as to what you should be looking at in the results, I’m not sure sorry! My degree is in Computer Science, not neuroscience! :wink:

One thing I would suggest to make the analysis easier is to mark up your data as you go through the stages. In Muse Monitor advanced settings you can turn on the data markers which will give you five numbered buttons at the bottom of the screen. If you press these, it will inject a data marker into your recording (or stream) which are super helpful for afterwards when you’re trying to sync up timestamps as to what occurred when!

wow great! No problem I’ll do more research and download it soon! Thanks a lot!