EEG in Hertz

I am currently studying the EEG data get from Muse 2016.
As I known the EEG data get from Muse headband is in microvolts unit
or the relative data get is in bels unit…
May I ask is it possible to convert the EEG data into hertz unit for calculation?
Your answer is much appreciated, thank you

Calculating discrete frequency values from raw EEG data is a little complex, but if you’re interested in how to do it, here is a link to the source code to do it in pretty much every single programming language.

If you don’t know how to code, then my advice would be to ask a friend who does know to help you, as FFT’s will be a little daunting as a first step into the world of code.

Is it means if I need to calculate the frequency I need to use the FFT to do it?

Correct.

Thanks for your information…I have look through the code you have given…May I know if I use FFT to calculate EEG, what will be my input of FFT calculation?

Raw EEG sets in, frequency sets out.

Ok, thank you

How to get the raw FFT per channel?
I have read through the API reference but did not see any class that have raw_fft value…
the museDataPacket has only the EEG, alpha, beta absolute and so on…but does not have raw fft value…

Dear
Your answer is much appreciated.
I have used FFT to calculate EEG, but the results is different than the FFTs calculated by MUSE,
Would know any reason why this might happen?
Thanks

Range of readings in each sensor

Hi,
I’ve been trying to work with the Muse headband 2016 for some months now.
In relation to the readings of each sensor (microvolts) the values should be between any particular range? Is it normal to have values of only 20 something microvolts? Between each sensor the values should be similar?

Thanks!

The sensor range is 0.0 - 1682.815 uV. Once fitted properly you should see readings around 800uV with very small variance. There will also be large deviations from EMG interference (blinking, eye movement and other facial muscles).

So should be around 800uV?
When you say “fitted” you are referring to position of the headband in the head?
I’m working on my final project at uni and I already have the signals of each sensor displayed on the computer screen but the values aren’t constant and not as hight as 800uV. It’s just due to headband placement or should I apply some kind of filters ?

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Yes, fitted means on the head. If the headband is not on the head correctly, you will see wildly fluctuating values.

Here is a screenshot of Muse Monitor on the RAW EEG graph. You can see the current value of each sensor in the top left corner.