Error Installing Muse SDK on Mac X Yosemite 10.10.1

G’day Everyone,

I unzipped and attempt to install the Muse SDK and receive the following error after selecting options and beginning install ‘Error Creating Directory /user/local’

Hopefully someone can assist.
Thanks

Did you uninstall the old SDK first? There is an uninstall script in the old SDK folder. The new SDK does not appear to use /usr/local (there is not a /usr/local on my Mac), so I don’t know why it would be trying to create it. Also, I think you meant “/usr/local” not /user/local", right?
–tom

Thanks for your help Tom.

It was my first install as I only received Muse last week. And you would be correct the error does reference //usr/local. Perhaps Muse SDK has not been updated for the newest OS X Yosemite, which does not have a /usr/local directory?

Hey there reality,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. It is indeed a bug - we’ve put together a patch that doesn’t try to write to /usr/local at all. It’ll be included in the next SDK release, which should be happening very soon. We’ll let you know when it’s available!

Hey again,

We just released Muse SDK 3.2.2, which includes a fix for your issue. Give it a try and let us know if you’re still having problems!

Hi there,

I had the issues too with previous release when trying to install to OS X Yosemite. WIth this new release SDK 3.2.2. I had not issues to install it.