Get raw data from Muse 2016 via bluetooth

I currently have a setup where I can connect to and find the different characteristics of the Muse 2016 headband using a node package called ‘Noble’.

Since the documentation for the Muse 2016 is limited I don’t know where to go from here. Is it possible to send commands via bluetooth to start the stream of data. Now I can access them, trigger the ‘notify’ property, but no data is actually transmitted from the headband, or I don’t get access to the data.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I was playing around with the idea of creating a free version of that android monitor app, but this might be a better option since I’ll need the data in python for what I’m going to do anyways. I’ll check it out over the weekend and let you know if I discover how to get the data.

Hey Daniel, found this, it should help

http://developer.choosemuse.com/protocols/bluetooth-packet-structure

This projects been on hold for awhile. How did it go?

After struggling to find any C# libraries or Windows based python libraries for Bluetooth Low Energy I gave up and switched to using Muse Monitor and used a C# OSC server to get the data. It’s relatively effective. I appear to be getting about 250 EEG readings per second.

Altourus Sorry to see you had to give up. I found this forum searching to figure out why I could not get muse-io to connect and this was the best validation that the current version of the muse will not connect.
It would be nice if Interaxon would say so on their web pages. Its really sad that this device has to use an android phone app from google play to connect to it.

@Altourus Hey! Did you manage to establish raw data streaming from your Muse 2016 headband?
Can you please give help me to figure our how to do it.