Getting Connection Quality From OSC Data

The app and Muse Lab both provide a nifty graphic that displays the connection quality for each of the sensors. This seems incredibly useful / vital, and I’m wondering if that info is available directly through OSC? Or I might be missing it…

Thanks!
Mikey

Hi Mikey! The horseshoe indicator is an algorithm output partially based on the accelerometer and the “quantization” signal, which relates to the amount of noise in the data. To get some dsp outputs over osc muse-io has to be started with the --dsp option.

When it is the additional signals reflect the horseshoe and signal status. [INDENT]
[B]/muse/dsp/bandpower/horseshoe dddd
/muse/dsp/bandpower/is_good iiii [/B][/INDENT]

Without passing --dsp an easy way to mimic the algorithim’s horseshoe is just to use the quantization number directly. Briefly, the more noise in the data the more bits that are required to compress it, which is fed back with the quanitization number. [INDENT][B]/muse/eeg/quantization iiii[/B][/INDENT]

–dsp option! Awesome! Missed that. But I see why. Looks like the --dsp option is for muse-io 3.2.0 but 3.0.0 is what I’m seeing for download. I tried the --dsp option with my muse-io version (2.0.0) and, as expected, no dice.

I’m trying to access [B]/muse/dsp/bandpower/focus but I don’t see it in the list in MuseLab.[/B]

Hi,

Wich version of the SDK are you using ?
Check in the command prompt window by typing: muse-io --version
If you get: muse-io 3.4.0 (Build-62 Jul 28 2014 15:31:55) … it´s the latest, and a lot of things has changed.

All [B]/muse/dsp/bandpower/ [/B]paths were changed to: [B]/muse/dsp/elements/ [/B]
Also, the /focus and /relax paths are not available anymore (I don’t know why).

There is still a lot of mistakes and wrong links in the Developer site documentation (hopefully they will fix them soon :).
Don´t follow the links. eg. at the muse-io command line options page (they take you to the oldest versions of OSC paths), instead use the links on the left menu.

In muse-lab, once you “open” the port and get the connection, it will list in the box bellow all the message coming in, and their respective paths.
Once you create a new “visualizer” (let´s say a Scrooling Line Graph) you will also get in the box bellow all the signals available to be plotted (“draw”).

That´s what I got until now, hope this can help.

Eduardo

can somebody upload the musesdk-2.2.0-osx-installer ?

i am also on the hunt for the /muse/dsp/focus and /muse/dsp/relax channels

Eduardo, I have [SIZE=12px]muse-io 3.4.0 (Build-86 Jul 28 2014 15:31:34)[/SIZE]

I guess if I find an older version I can get access to focus? This is essential for my application, and I don’t know how to calculate focus based on the other channels.

Focus and Relax huh… I’m also interested to know how these were calculated. I bet if they got rid of them though it was something real simple, like maybe even beta=focus and alpha=relax.

Why do you think that?