How do I OSC stream to my MacBook from my iOS app?

I’ve been trying to use MuseLab in connecting an OSC stream from my phone to my computer to get some live monitoring of data. How do I do that?

The tutorials have been saying to find the port number that I’m streaming through the app. But no matter what network I’m on, or what port I choose to use, it doesn’t seem to work. I’ve looked into the firewall too, not sure if that was what was preventing it from transmitting.

Thanks if anyone could help me out! I’m doing a research project for my Capstone class

Open Muse Lab and load this config file which will set up everything for you :slight_smile: This opens port 5000 UDP and sets up a bunch of graphs.

In Muse Monitor you need to set your OSC Stream Target IP to your MacBook’s local IP address. This will probably start with 192.168, or 10.10. You can find this from network settings, or by using the command ifconfig from the Terminal.

Now just tap the Stream Icon in Muse Monitor :slight_smile:

If it doesn’t work, then check:

• Both devices must be on the same WiFi network.
  • Your MacBook firewalls allows Port 5000 UDP (or temporarily disable it to test).
  • Your Wifi network allows UDP traffic. Many University and College networks block UDP as it was used heavily for LAN gaming in the 90’s. Test on your home WiFi network, or with a WiFi hotspot from your phone.