More Muse Connection Problems

So far, I’ve read all the muse connection problems and there doesn’t seem to be any clear solution. I’m running on 64 bit linux, and after my os pairs and connects with the headband, my muse gets 5 solid lights. Then I run the command:

muse-io --device Muse

and get this:

Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Device to connect to:
Connection failure 12.
Connection failure 13.

No matter how many hard resets or compute reboots gets anything different.

Hi,

Try this:
muse-io --preset 14 --device Muse --osc osc.udp://localhost:5000

I get the same output as before.

By the way, should I just pair with my bluetooth manager, then run the command? Or should I pair and connect with it, then try and use the muse-io command? I’ve been doing both to make sure. Obviously, I’m fairly new using bluetooth like this.

First you need to pair the Muse with the computer OS, if it is connected you can use the muse-io command to make the connection with the paired Muse. Then you can start the MuseLab to see it is working. Also it is the best to use a bleutooth verson 4.

Something is clearly wrong with the SDK, because I can pair and connect fine with my bluetooth manager. But I can’t connect from muse-io.

OK, so I bought from Amazon the bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle that you guys recommended for Linux, and it’s still not working. Here are the steps:

1. Hold the button on the muse down for ~4 secs until the five lights start blinking on and off together
  2. Then I go over to my bluetooth manager and pair with the device. My computer says the pairing is successful. The lights are still blinking the same.
  3. Then I go over to my terminal and run “muse-io --device Muse” or a similar command. All of them wind up with the same result. That I posted above.

Thank you for your time, and to those that have responded.

EDIT:

I got this working by, instead of specifiying the device Muse. So in my case it was 00:06:66:6C:22:AB. so the command changed from --device Muse to --device 00:06:66:6C:22:AB.