Muse 2 Muse Direct connection Windows 10

Hi,

I have recently made the mistake of buying a Muse 2 headband and am attempting to connect it via Muse Direct on Windows 10 PC’s.

I have tried it on 4 very different, but new, PC setups and all just say connection failed.

I have tried using Muse Monitor on Android, but this also doesn’t work with Muse 2.

Muse’s tech support have ignored me except to send a vague “buy a different BT dongle” message.

Has anyone managed to get a Muse 2 to connect to Muse Direct on a Windows 10 PC?

Thanks.

Muse Monitor for Android is currently not compatible with the Muse-2, until Interaxon update their SDK to support it, sorry :frowning: Currently the Apple version of Muse Monitor will connect to the Muse-2, but will not display the pulse data. If you email me at Support@MuseMonitor.com I will add your email to my notification list for when the update is ready.

I have managed to get Muse-2 to connect on my Windows 10 PC, but unfortunately the bluetooth dongle thing is the correct answer! I went through five different dongles before I found one that worked. The bottom line is that bluetooth on Mac/PC is super sketchy and there’s not much you can do about it. This is the main reason I’ve only released Muse Monitor for Android/Apple, as I don’t want to field tech support for people with bluetooth issues! … Once you’ve got the “correct” BLE usb Muse Direct will still crash out a lot when editing settings, but it’s generally stable once it’s streaming if you don’t press any of the buttons.

This is the Bluetooth module that works for me Amazon.ca - USB Bluetooth V4.0.3. Wireless Mini Adapter Dongle. Unfortunately it’s not a brand name that’s easy to find! I’m sure, it’s a cheap Chinese clone of something… but it works!

Thanks for the reply!

I’ve found the same USB adapter on amazon.co.uk, so I’ll order it and see how it works (its only £2.26 - $3.78 Canadian!).

I email you as advised to be added to the notification list for the Muse Monitor update…

To be honest I wish I’d not brought the device on impulse whilst in Toronto on business last week, if I’d waited and purchased in the UK it would have been sent back for a full refund days ago - it just feels like an unsupported half baked product, at least on Android.

Cheers for your help,

Are you able to see all the sensor data on Muse Direct? I just received my Muse 2 today, and was a bit bummed that I couldn’t connect to anything that would let me see waves in real-time.

If you can, I’ll get my hands on a Bluetooth dongle this week.

No. Win 10 Muse Direct doesn’t show the new Muse-2 pulse sensor yet. Currently it’s only showing the same data as available on the 2014/2016 Muse.

yet

Good enough for me :slight_smile: Will be exciting to see the pulse-sensor feedback in the future.

I’m happy enough with the EEG data for now; best get my hands on a Bluetooth dongle, hoping the first one I buy will work!