Muse Developer Job Description

Greetings fellow MUSE-icians :slight_smile:

I’ve purchased 3 devices and am looking to form a paid developer team.
I’m making an effort to crowdsource the key skill sets required for effective MUSE application development.
Any/all thoughts appreciated. What are the essential KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)?

Write your own job description today…take a stab…I hope to be filling positions soon. We need the right skills and the right people. We need to know what those things look like.

Contact me directly at kaustin@costprop.com if you do not wish to share publicly.

I am genuinely interested in getting the right/best talent. I see that a few people viewed this discussion…but no one left a clue. Once I’ve got a decent description I’ll post it for all to see. I’ll be using it/them to fill positions/buy services.

I’ll try it this way…Please fill in the blanks…It’ll be a start.

1. One cannot write Muse-IOS applications unless one is proficient with ________.

2. One cannot write Muse-Android applications unless one is proficient with ________.

3. One cannot get the most from signal processing unless one is proficient with ________.

4. One other thing a MUSE developer must master is _________.

So, 30-ish people looked at my post/request and only one person contacted me (off-line). The contact was welcome but did not answer my question.

Since we can’t get a list of essential skills perhaps we can ask why 30 people, at least 10 of which know the answer, won’t share a simple thing like “these are the skills one would have to have”.

It seems odd that a MUSE developer community can’t (won’t even try) to get its collective mind around the essential skill sets. Perhaps the only people who know are MUSE/Interaxon employees subject to non disclosure agreements…they know but won’t risk thier good thing to share…hhhhhhmmmm.

How is the community to grow? How are we able to proliferate MUSE app developers if we can’t/won’t articulate the essential KSAs?

Kaustin,

Will help you with that:

1. One cannot write Muse-IOS applications unless one is proficient with Objective-C

2. One cannot write Muse-Android applications unless one is proficient with Java

3. One cannot get the most from signal processing unless one is proficient with Fourier analysis

4. One other thing a MUSE developer must master is fundamentals of EEG technology.

Best,
David Vivancos,
http://www.Vivancos.com [+520 Ideas to share]
http://www.MindBigData.com [+560K Brain Signals]
[Type > Touch > Talk > Think]
October 16th 2014 Idea, “We all have gaps.”

Excellent! Right on point. Thank you David!
Impressive background and web site at MindBigData. Anyone who does not know of David, take a look. Some folks are advancing the ball. Clearly David is one of us. http://www.MindBigData.com

Perhaps someone else has a thought?..Given David’s contribution, what would you add? Please just go with your gut.

Those of you who have tried to capture, store, use, and manipulate signals via Muse IO might be able to say…

“I could not have done that without knowing (or doing) what?_” (again, go with your gut. We are crowd sourcing KSAs, not doing spinal surgery. Close/notional is OK)

1. One cannot write Muse-IOS applications unless one is proficient with ________.

2. One cannot write Muse-Android applications unless one is proficient with ________.

3. One cannot get the most from signal processing unless one is proficient with ________.

4. One other thing a MUSE developer must master is _________.

I’d sure like to hear from MUSE/Interaxon - Surley you have some basic KSA advice for the developer community - Eh? (PS, I’m from Soo MI)

i know you are looking for more informed information than this but it may help someone out there to be aware of this asset.
for those like myself who are way behind the curve knowledge-wise but very interested, there are 65 videos that are arranged from beginner to ?? level on YouTube at this link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbbCsk7MUIGcO_lZMbyymWU2UezVHNaMq .
assuming each is 10 minutes like the first, that’s around 10 hours of remedial training!
wading in now… will let you know more soon.

Super Lee. Thanks. Good stuff. I’m sure we can tease some KSAs out of the videos.

1. One cannot get the most from signal processing unless one is proficient with __
    signal processing in general, statistics, EEG part of neuroscience; for some app’s ERP for others frequency analysis… Thats a long list, do you have something specific in mind? I have 3 people a neuroscientist, data scientist and Android developer, we have our own app’s but we are waiting for muse to relase API for Android, we are open for cooperation. We have already 3 indicators 2 for emotions and one for attention but we can prepare more (if it’s posible and you won’t ask for Consciousness or something similar).
    rudzinskimaciej {a} gmail.com
    maciej.rudzinski {a} braintracking.pl

Hi kaustin,
Here is an example for our Digital Signalling. You can also cut and paste from postings in stack overflow, tech vibes and startup north for the iOS Developer and other roles. Everything is public and online.

[U]Duties and Responsibilities[/U]

• Real-time processing of brainwave data.
  • Organize brainwave data of large number of users into a database.
  • Concurrent real-time processing of brainwave and other sensing modalities such as accelerometer, and biological data.
  • Analysis of multi-electrode EEG signals and multi-modal biometrics.
  • Develop Brain Computer Interface control of multimedia functions in response to brainwave processing.
  • Develop new visualization techniques to aid human interpretation of complex interactions.
  • Apply signal processing techniques such as STFT, DWT, Hilbert transform.
  • Apply machine learning techniques such as LDA, SVM, NN, Information Theory and spatial techniques such as CSP.
[U]Qualifications[/U]
  • Strong experience with Matlab. Please describe your Matlab experience in your cover letter.
  • Signal processing of time series data with a low sampling rate (500 Hz). Biological signal processing experience not necessary but preferred.
  • Intermediate understanding of machine learning techniques.
  • Must be a highly dynamic and motivated scientific mind.
  • Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues.
  • Your background could be from engineering, computer science, mathematics, or biosignals.
Hope that helps.

@ Farough - Yes, thanks. That is good stuff.

Hi everyone!
I am VERY new to this system. I’ve never developed an application for a bluetooth device before, so this is quite new to me. Previously, I worked in web application development company. Tell me what materials should be studied first.

Hi John,

To start developing applications for Muse, a good place to start is with the SDK documentation and example apps. You can visit the link posted below to get started.

Best