Muse for ADHD treatment?

Hi there! i have been trying to find out, if the Muse headband is effective at improving focus and concentration in the same manner as traditional EEG treatment?

Does apps equivalent to the one where you fly a spaceship by concentration exsist for the muse headband?

Also, is there any real difference in brainwave activity between the relaxation objective of the muse and the concentration objective of traditional EEG training?

Thank you!

Hi,

You can check out some of the apps that have been developed for Muse at: http://developer.choosemuse.com/third-party-apps

Hope that helps.

I have ADHD and ASD. I went through 5 years of neurofeedback for ADHD, including both focus and Alpha-Theta training. I’ve been meditating without the muse for nearly 8 years and found some improvement. 6 months ago i started using the Muse and i have found even more improvement with regard to calm focus. The Muse provided these improvements in a more gentle but sufficiently persistent manner once i got past 20 minute meditation sessions. I’m not up to an hour of meditating with the Muse, however, i’ve found that i’ve had to break that into 4 sessions of 15 minutes each with a break of 20-30 minutes between the first 30 minutes of meditation and the last. If i don’t break it apart i am so tired during the last two 15 minute sessions that it’s a waste of time. I think the break is required because i’m not on a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor so my brain needs time to “recharge” my Dopamine levels. So during the break i do something other than meditation, like reading a book, exercise, etc. I am very surprised and very happy with the results i’ve gotten with the Muse and so are the friends who stuck it out with me.

Which of the various meditation is best for ADHA.