Muse IO issues with Windows

We have a Muse headband with serial number 2021-LKUT-0917 and I am experiencing problems with Muse IO which is keeping from using MuseLab which will be quite useful for our project.
I have so far tried on 3 different computers running Windows 7, 8, and 10 but we get stuck on the same error as shown in the screenshot. I have unpaired and paired the device many times, also checked the name, and tried to specify COM ports instead of device name.
What else could go wrong here? It seems like an issue on the Windows side since Muse is connecting to our Android devices with no problem (and we are able to run an app based on Muse SDK example).

Meanwhile we are continuing with an Android App, but we would like to acquire the data on a computer.

If any of you guys have gone through this? any help would be appreciated.

From the serial number of your headband it looks like you have a Muse 2016 headband (MU-02). Unfortunately, muse-io does not currently recognize the Muse 2016 headband, only the Muse 2014 headband.

Thank you cbillard for your promt reply.

So the muse 2016 still works with OSC right? I mean can I use the OSC examples which are found here:

Please let me know if you think thats not possible

I tried the OSC examples on Java and Processing and they do not work (unless I am missing some step) do you think its because of 2016 version?

The code examples show how to receive an incoming OSC stream and react to the data. muse-io would normally be used to create that OSC stream which is the piece that is missing.

You could construct the OSC stream on your own with an Android or iOS device, the LibMuse SDK and an OSC library like liblo. When you receive a MuseDataPacket on the device, create a corresponding OSC message, add the values from the data packet to the OSC message and then send the OSC message. The format of the OSC message is described at http://developer.choosemuse.com/research-tools/available-data. Look for “MuseIO OSC data format”

Alternatively, there is third party software available for Android and iOS devices that will connect to a Muse 2016 headband and stream the data as OSC data. MuseMonitor is one such program, if that is an option for you.

Hope that helps.

@cbillard, when do you think muse-io will be available for muse 2016? To be frank, I bought the headset mainly to do research with the research tools, it’s very unfortunate I can’t connect them together now.
I can get data through Muse Monitor, but the quality seems to be bad: the frequency of signals isn’t reliable, etc. It is also very inconvenient that I don’t have markers to put in the stream.

this was my main intent also – to develop app for Muse headband. And now what are my options – to choose another headset, right? Some NeuroSky stuff, I guess, Well, $220 wasted, well done and thanks for informing about driver issue in advance:(

@Teodor, @sorokinvj: Unfortunately, I can’t discuss release dates or timelines on the forum.

Please contact customercare@choosemuse.com if you would like to exchange your Muse 2016 headband for a 2014 version. The 2014 version is compatible with the current research tools including muse-io.

Is there a place to order the 2014 versions instead of having to order the new one and then exchange it?

Yes. You can contact customercare@choosemuse.com to purchase the 2014 headbands directly.

Hi,

Is there any release date when MuseIO is available for Muse 2016? On http://developer.choosemuse.com/research-tools/museio I only see “coming soon”.

Thanks.

Hi,

Please release the Muse-io for 2016 model
I bought the device for a eeg data visualization project not for play with muse app on my smartphone!

Hi,
You might provide a release date of Muse-IO version compatible with Muse 2016 ?
Thanks

My serial number is 3553… Is it a 2016 model???

Hi,
try this application with your device (for Muse2016) to read and save the signals from Muse2016, it is the only solution until now

I’m working on a tool to connect Muse 2016 via OSC to any software that support the OSC protocol, I’m using oscPack lib for C++, someone who want to help? I’m working on C++ with Visual Studio 2015 for windows.

Cheers.