Muse Monitor csv file: how to increase the recording frequency?

Hi,

I’ve got the Muse 2016 and the Muse Monitor app.
When I record the data with Muse Monitor in a csv file, the frequeny of recording is very low. I saw that it could be changed in the Settings “Recording Interval” but the choices are “0.5s, 1s, 2s, 1min” which give very low frequency recordings.

Muse 2016 is supposed to have a 256Hz frequency, so how can I keep this frequency when the data are recorded in the csv file ?

Thank you for the help.

At the very top of the Recording Interval options select “Constant” (see screenshot below).
This will record constantly at the maximum frequency of the device; 220Hz for the first generation Muse and 256Hz for the 2016 Muse.

Indeed !
Thank you.

Hi,
I am using your app.
When I choose the “constant” option, it records a 256 Hz and in the csv export I will have approximately 256 values within each second, right? But how the waves (alpha, theta, etc…) are calculated for each one of this points (milliseconds)?
Are these waves calculated by FFT?
I noticed that the same value for this waves are repeated in multiple milliseconds. Why does it occur?
If I am interested in know the alpha wave value during a 5-min period, should I just calculated the average of all these points?
Thank you for your help.

Roger

The absolute brain wave values are calculated at 10Hz with an FFT from the RAW EEG data.

The values are repeated in the CSV file so that you can still graph it easily, otherwise you’d have gaps in the absolute data rows which would make processing it a real pain!

Generally the reason you’d select the “Constant” recording option would only be if you’re doing your own FFTs.

Great! Thank you for the explanation.
So, If I choose 1 second as recording interval, the value for the waves (alpha, beta, etc…) will continue to be calculated using the raw data from each 0.1 second interval (10 Hz), right?
In this case, will the waves values in the export (each 1 second) be the average of all 0.1 second intervals?

Thank you once again!

Roger

The values are snapshots at that point in time, not averages.