Muse potentially bricked

Hi,
I am currently working with the 2014 version of the Muse Headband, and I feel that I may have bricked it. I had the device charging while paired and now whenever I try and connect to it, I get the following error message.

================== Muse Status ==================
Muse Hardware: 16.0.0
Muse Firmware: 7.6.0
Muse Firmware type: Research
Muse Bootloader: 7.6.0
Build No: 45
BT Mac Address: 000666659294
BT Firmware:
Serial: 1160-DCW7-9294
Preset: 0
Filters Enabled: false
Accelerometer Enabled: false
EEG Sample Frequency: 0Hz
EEG Output Frequency: 0Hz
EEG Samples Bitwidth: 0
EEG Channel Count: 0
EEG Channel Layout:
Downsampling: 0
Output Mode: SEROUT_NO_OUTPUT

Even after forcing a different preset, it still goes back to preset 0. I have not seen this issue before on the forums.

As soon as you plug in the power, it will disconnect and switch to charge mode, so I don’t think you’ve done anything wrong. I’ve never seen that error before, but you can try a full factory reset on the 2014 Muse by holding down the power button for 15 seconds.

Start with it turned off. Hold down the power button for 15 seconds and when the reset happens, the light strip will flash between the odd and even numbers LEDs, then it will power off.

After you turn it back on you will need to re-pair it as the previous pairing setting will be lost on the Muse device.

If that doesn’t work, I would email Interaxon support.

Question - I lent my headset to a colleague of mine (that my kids, wife, parents used as well) to test development on a project I designed. But I was curious to know (as I myself am not a programmer), does the headset itself record any information on the past users?

Thanks! :nerd:
~Jack~
Montemoino@12HousesInc.com