MuseIO "dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/liblo.7.dylib" error

I can’t launch muse-io. I get this error:

% ./muse-io
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/liblo.7.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Muse/./muse-io
Reason: image not found
zsh: trace trap ./muse-io

I am on Yosemite 10.10.1. If I try to put a symlink in for liblo, I then get this:

% sudo ln -s /Applications/Muse/liblo.7.dylib /usr/local/lib/liblo.7.dylib
% ./muse-io
dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/narek/Dev/3rdparty/lsl/build/LSL/liblsl/src/liblsl.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Muse/./muse-io
Reason: image not found
zsh: trace trap ./muse-io

Looks like the SDK was built by “narek” for local use! :slight_smile:

Check your .bashrc. (I know, I know.) Get that variable (either DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH) into your shell environment and everything should work.

Maybe this will work?

cat ~/.bashrc >> ~/.zshrc

And yeah, Narek’s a cool guy.

(This is of course a little ridiculous. But then, so is bundling libraries across Windows, OS X, and Linux, each of which have mutually incompatible ideas about how to look for dynamic libraries at runtime. Nonetheless, we shouldn’t have to modify your shell environment to do this, and we won’t anymore in a future release, once we get a chance to do it properly. If you want it to happen sooner, we’re hiring…)

That did the trick. Been a while since I’ve done any developer-level work on Mac OS, I might have realized I needed to set some environment variables. Thanks much.

I have a similar problem but the solution above does not work…

Whenever I try to enter the command
muse-io --device musename

in the terminal I get this error
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/liblo.7.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Muse/muse-io
Reason: Incompatible library version: muse-io requires version 10.0.0 or later, but liblo.7.dylib provides version 8.0.0

Please help?