MusePlayer is now open source!

Hi Muse developers,

The MusePlayer tool from our SDK is now an open source project. That means you can clone the code, make changes, add features, report bugs, and submit pull requests against the public repo. For instance, if there is a file format you would like it to handle that it doesn’t currently, you can just go ahead and add that support yourself! Other developers with similar needs will love you for it.

Take a look at the repository on Bitbucket here: [SIZE=18px]https://bitbucket.org/interaxon/museplayer[/SIZE]

The necessary dependencies are outlined in the README, and the process for contributing code to the project, requesting features, and reporting bugs is outlined in CONTRIBUTE. Please use the Bitbucket Issue Tracker to request features and report bugs.

We’re really looking forward to collaborating with all of you in the community on this tool!

Stay tuned for more info on forthcoming open source projects from Interaxon!

Hi Tom, Paul, Farough …

Thanks a lot. This is the best good news since the release of the MCP and the annoucements of the upcoming API’s.

The MCP is already working, btw very well (no data loss) in my Arduino project called “My-Muse Data Logger”, for awhile just bluetooth connecting and saving only binary data in hex format to a micro-SD card. To be tested yet the OSC library I found, with the addition of a very small WiFi module I got from AdaFruit, and with less expectations some FFT libraries.

Muse-Player has been the best resource for me as a begginer, not only to understand how Muse works, but also the best Phyton learning tool as I had never developped anything in Phyton before.

Since version 1.4.2 I have made some tests, adding some new arguments (-d, -p), and the most usefull in my case - the addition of a @ myargsfile.txt using Phyton’s argparse library resource of “fromfile_prefix_chars” where all my usual arguments fits in a few text files - no more typing of looong command lines, just:

mymuse-player.py @myargs.txt

and, even if it sounds dubious, sometimes a fast and well formatted screen dump helps a lot more than a heavy, resources and time consumming java tool (see picture bellow … testing what some eye blinks and jaw clenches does). I love Muse-Lab too, when it works :o

Keep up the good work, and please, remember that you also have some windows developers costumers … that will be still waiting for their API, until … April ?

Eduardo

That’s really good news Tom – will definitely be helpful for many people.