New software and data platform for Muse headset

I’ve been a long time Muse user and keen enthusiast on developing new tools to work with the Muse headset so as to get the most out of it. For that I have teamed up with a group of developers and started researching and building new software tools and I wanted to share a little bit about our advances. Our platforms will be ready soon for people to try for free and see if they can have some productive time with them.

We have developed two platforms at the moment: the Explorer and the Emotions.

Explorer is like an electroencephalography monitor adapted for the Muse headset, and is oriented for academics and researchers as it is integrated with machine learning tools and automatic pattern analysis to help conducting experiments. But anyone with little knowledge in neuroscience can use it. You will be able to see and register both raw brain data as well as all the different brain wave frequencies. You can also find out how your brain responds to different events or stimuli, and see how your meditation for example affects the brain in different ways. The automatic pattern detection tool will analyze the eeg data and detect the presence of certain evoked potentials based on the events or stimuli marked in one session. With the machine-learning tool you will be able to train models based on the input of eeg data, for example, what kind of data predicts certain events and then use this information for practical applications.

On the other hand, the Emotions platform consists of an emotion monitoring system that translates brain information into objective visual markers of states such as anxiety, relaxation or concentration, among others. We are interested in exploring the potential of this platform for enhancing objective patient records for diagnosis and treatment in mental health, allowing tracking patient evolution, remote monitoring and therapy,improve the implementation of techniques for the regulation of mental disorders and also allowing applications in various specific disorders. However, anyone interested in exploring emotions and how one respond to events or stimuli can benefit from using this platform. The platform is based on the construction of neural networks plus multilinear predictive models and well-known brain patterns in academia.

Both platforms will be available soon, so if you are interested and want to stay tuned for updates or when you can start trying the platforms for free, you can subscribe to the following mail list with this link, so we can notify you when the platforms will be available:

https://mailchi.mp/99c180009f07/naxonsubscription

Th pic represent the latest design we are implementing on the Explorer platform.

Cheers!

is there anything, anything at all similar for free ?
i just got the Muse2 new, and all ive used so far is the APP for my phone.

i really want to see the alpha waves, even if not real-time (but that would be nice)
i need a software for my Windows 7 machine… (and how to get the data to it ?)
any suggestions ?