Notch frequency - delta/alpha/beta/etc... - MuseLab signal

Hello,

I would really appreciate some help on at least one of the issues (described below) I have been going through …
In case you only have an answer on one of the three items (no need to have three answers… :wink: ), it would be with pleasure for me to read!

Here we go…:rolleyes:

1. Notch Frequency - How can I change the notch frequency from 60hz to 50hz?
    I already entered the following sentence into the terminal window:
    muse-io --device Muse --osc osc.udp://localhost:5000 --preset 14 --dsp – 50hz
    And I always have a 60Hz notch frequency…
    Filters Enabled: true

• Notch Frequency: 60Hz

I would like to have access to the delta alpha beta etc… waves. I read on some of the forums that I have to open a new command and insert “oscdump 5000” . When I do that I have a screen with a lot of data being retrieved, but my question is: Are they being saved in a file? If yes where is that file!?

Moreover, if I open in a new command: oscdump 5000 | grep /muse/dsp/elements/alpha
I obtain the following as a result!
oscdump 5000 | grep /muse/dsp/elements/alpha ; exit;
what does it mean?
Could you please help me in finding the data either the ones of oscdump 5000 or the ones of alpha, beta, etc…

1. MuseLab
    Last week the Muse Lab was perfectly working and I followed the steps on the tutorial website step by step… (https://sites.google.com/a/interaxon.ca/muse-developer-site/muselab/tutorial)
    By also starting the muse-io by doing the following: muse-io --preset 14 --device Muse --osc osc.udp://localhost:5000
    I had also saved the configuration found on the tutorial (link above)
    But now even after loading that configuration, I have no signals being plotted on the Muse Lab …not even any incoming messages! I don’t even have any choice in the “open ports” before loading the saved configuration…
    I am not able to check what I have been doing wrong, I re-did everything step by step. Could someone guide me through…?

Thank you a lot in advance! :o

Hi njm,

1. In the command you pasted above you seem to have written “-- 50hz” instead of “–50hz”. See the space? muse-io will not recognize that and will default to 60hz filtering.

2. a) The oscdump utility doesn’t save the data to a file on its own (or at least, it only writes it to stdout, which is why you see it printed to the console screen). If you wanted to save its output in an arbitrary file, you could do something like this:

oscdump 5000 > path/to/file.txt

b) Your attempt to grep the output of oscdump is exiting because the “oscdump 5000” command has failed, and there are no results from grep to display. When this problem occurs, what happens if you then run just “oscdump 5000”? Is the port available? If not, perhaps try another port number.

1. Please check that there is not some other process on your machine using port 5000. Try a different port number and see if it works. So, in your command to muse-io, you might write
muse-io --preset 14 --device Muse --osc osc.udp://localhost:5240

instead. Then in Muse Lab you would enter 5240 into the Opened Ports field.

Dear Tom,

I would like to thank you a lot for your very helpful reply!
Thank you!
Now I know what are the consequences of a single space !! :rolleyes:

But unfortunately, the Muse lab (question 3) is still not working even if I change the port numbers as you suggested it…
I will keep on trying to make it work, and will keep you posted on any update (hoping a positive one! :wink: ) I might obtain.

Thank you once again!

All the best !!