Problem with EEGlab analysis of Muse data

Thank you. Do we have muse monitor for windows as well or just for android?

Android and iOS only.

Hello, I was able to do some analysis of time-frequency charts and frequency coupling with Brainstorm, which allows us to establish a series of quite versatile analyzes. See how you are doing with Brainstorm. You can access it using also Muse Monitor and loading the csv file.
Regards,

hi may i ask did you solve this issue?
I think I’m facing the same issue. After i recorded the data from the Muse direct. I converted the .muse file to .csv file. But there was no Alpha Delta Gamma for the columns. Instead, it looks same as yours

I thought it supposed to be the format in this video? (With named column as Delta Alpha )

I’m able to get the muse lab working properly. So it should have nothing wrong with my bluetooth connection to my PC.

Please help Thanks.

If you want data in Muse Monitor’s CSV format you need to record it with Muse Monitor :wink:

So which means the recording function by muse direct on windows 10 is totally not usable?:joy:
It will only record data in the following format that is not able to filter which line is delta and which line is alpha? (What a joke?)

The official site provides a tutorial video to record the data via muse direct, provides a tutorial video to convert the muse file to csv mat by muse-player. But finally will get unrecognisable data…

Any way. Thanks for your reply. This is quite disappointing.:cold_sweat:

Well it’s technically still the same data, but it’s not easily graphed.

If you use Muse Monitor’s CSV format you can graph it online in one step by just dragging the CSV file to the “Choose file” button on the Muse Monitor online charts. :wink:
Or in Excel using the Macro which I wrote.

Well, muse monitor data worked for me. You can save that data in csv format. You’ll be required to remove accelerometer, gyroscope and time data. Just keep the columns for channels since MATLAB will recognize them for channels which they’re not.

Good news. I did it !
Using following command:
muse-player -l udp:7000 -C E:\EEGRecordedData\GammaTest.csv -i Person0/elements/gamma_relative
graph can simply insert chart within excel. :yum:
Then i come to the next step. I saw your post for the mellow and concentration level.

Is there any simple algo with gamma can get the concentration level? I didn’t get the meaning of RSP. And i saw other post mentioned
Power ratio between alpha and gamma can determine the concentrated state. (What is the power ratio)

Sorry I’m a newbie for this area. Currently I only need to achieve a acceptable accuracy of the concentration level for my study application.
Please advice me on this part if possible. I know you are a professional expert on this area.(Saw your post everywhere and very glad you replied on me):relaxed:

Thanks for you info. I’m able to filter the data now. :grinning:

Well, can you please tell me how do you interpret waves. You see we have this individual alpha, beta, theta and delta values on each channel, but actually we want to look at the overall activity on one channel rather than individual wave. I don’t know what to do with individual waves because MATLAB reads it as channel, while that is not channel data but wave data. Can you help us with that?

Interaxon did have a good intro to brainwaves on their website, but currently the link is not working as it looks like they’ve deleted the blog for some reason. Here is a PDF of the article which I saved.

If anyone from Interaxon is reading this, maybe you guys could fix the blog? The article is still linked here: https://choosemuse.com/what-it-measures/ -> Learn more about brainwaves >

For a super simple Mellow/Concentration just use Alpha relative, or Gamma relative.

You can calculate relative from absolute e.g.:
alpha_relative = (10^alpha_absolute / (10^alpha_absolute + 10^beta_absolute + 10^delta_absolute + 10^gamma_absolute + 10^theta_absolute))

@Eager if you tap on the Version number in settings 10 times you can unlock my Mellow and Concentration algorithms in Muse Monitor.

Thanks a lot!

hello thank you for the respond. i have NaN facts for notch filtered EEG. i am attaching the photos in your evaluate. First one is the file converted to csv and other four transformed to .mat. I usually select alpha,beta,theta,delta absolute and in the sign organization alternatives I take a look at alpha, beta, theta & delta absolute and notch filtered EEG. but, after I open it in MATLAB, it doesn’t display the “factors” folder. Is there something wrong with statistics series or processing? What can i do if I simply want to take a look at the TP9, FP1, FP2, TP10 displaying spontaneous interest (now not particularly alpha). thanks loads in your time.