Problems connecting replacement headband

I have been using the Muse app with a Muse 2014 headband for over a year, on both Android and iPad tsblets. I just received a Muse 2016 headband, and i cannot get it connected to either Android or iPad.
Under Settings in the Muse app, I see “Muse Serial Number” , which is the S/N of the 2014 device.
Am i supposed to create a new account or somehow modify this account, to change that value to the new headband S/N? Is there some other trick, here? Getting this thing connected is not as simple as your FAQ’s suggest.

Do you know if your Android and iPad support Bluetooth 4.0? The Muse 2016 headband uses Bluetooth Low Energy which is part of Bluetooth 4.0. If the Android or iPad does not support Bluetooth 4.0, then it will not be able to see the 2016 headband.

For Android, the Muse app also needs the “Location” permission to be granted to see nearby Muse 2016 headbands. This is because the Android OS prevents access to the Bluetooth Low Energy functions unless this permission is granted. You can check if this granted by going to the Apps section of the Settings and select Muse. The Permissions section should say “Location and Storage”. If you need to change this, press the Permissions setting and turn “Location” on.

The “Muse Serial Number” is the serial number of the last Muse headband that was connected with the Muse app. It should change automatically when you connect to the new headband.

Hope that helps.

I have the same problem :frowning: