Recording Elements data on Muse Direct (iOS)

Hi,

Is it possible to record Muse Elements data on a .muse file in MuseDirect iOS app from Muse 2016?

Thanks!
Arturs

Yes! In Settings just change the recording format from .CSV to .MUSE :slight_smile:
If you’re using the .MUSE format, I would also recommend changing the recording frequency from it’s default of 1Hz to Constant, which for the 2016 Muse will be 256Hz.

Thank you very much for the quick reply!
Could you please advise, where these settings can be changed in the app? Currently I only see a very limited number of settings that can be adjusted.

Please accept my apologies, I misread your original message; my instructions were for Muse Monitor, not Muse Direct!

However, it appears that you already have everything checked in Muse Direct, so you should already have the data you’re looking for in there.

Hi,
Thank you for clarification!
With everything checked, I still get a very limited amount of data after uploading the file to MuseLab, way less than when streaming.
Do you have any idea, what I might be doing wrong?

I’m not sure sorry. That data set is very strange. As well as elements you’re also missing the gyroscope data and for some reason you’ve got 6 floats for EEG, even though with the 2016 Muse you should only get 5 (the four main sensors and the optional USB auxiliary right).

I’d try emailing Interaxon support, maybe there’s a bug in their app? You could try un-installing and re-installing to fully reset the app and see if that helps.

Alternatively, I can of-course recommend my app Muse Monitor :wink:

Thank you very much for the great help! I now use Muse Monitor and get the Elements data to MuseLab.