Research firmware supported presets

Is there any way to change firmware to “Research” type?

“muse-io --available-presets” shows “Research firmware supported presets”. But I can’t switch to them as far as I “consumer” I guess.

Muse Hardware: 12.0.0
Muse Firmware: 7.2.4
Muse Firmware type: Consumer
Muse Bootloader: 7.2.4

Thanks,
Sergei

Hi SergeIP,

Since no one has answered after 5 days I will try my guess:

I’ve been following the Muse site and developers site since the launch date last April.
Also at that time the delivery estimated time was about 3 months (only the consumer was being sold), so I decided to keep saving all info for my own study.
Bellow is what was said about the research Muse at that moment. As you can see the diferences in hardware are such that we can suppose that their firmwares will never be interchangeable, specially considering that the research device has two additional sensors.

HTH, Eduardo.

*** FROM MUSE DEVELOPER SITE ON MAY,12 - 2014 ***

The Research MUSE, is not currently production device. Each unit is hand built.
The primary difference between the Research MUSE and the Production MUSE, is the flexible design. This flexibility allows
the device to be worn in a greater variety of activities, with better electrode contact, and greater comfort. The trade-off is that
the device is more delicate and some care must be taken in its use to ensure long term, trouble free operation.

Features:
Flexible headband with adjustable elastic strap.
Ear-clips with snaps to hold replaceable Ag/AgCl electrodes.
Master Battery switch to lockout battery and provide maximum battery conservation during storage .
Larger battery doubles the capacity of production MUSE (providing up to 7 hrs of continuous use). Custom units may
also house larger batteries if longer recording times are needed.
2 additional sensing locations on the headband (on selected custom units).

Research firmware presets, all of the above plus:
“AB” - 6CH Research mode: 6 channels/16 bit resolution/500Hz, compression off, filtering off, accelerometer data on @ 50Hz, battery/temp data on @ 0.1 Hz (every 10 seconds)
“AC” - 6CH Research mode: 6 channels+DRLREF/16 bit resolution/500Hz, compression off, filtering off, accelerometer data on @ 50Hz, battery/temp data on @ 0.1 Hz (every 10 seconds), real- time error data
"AD" - 4CH Research mode: 4 channels, 16 bit resolution, 500Hz, compression off, filtering off, accelerometer data on @ 50Hz, battery/temp data on @ 0.1 Hz (every 10 seconds)
“AE” - 4CH+DRLREF: 4 channels+DRLREF/16 bit resolution/500Hz, compression off, filtering off, accelerometer data on @ 50Hz, battery/temp data on @ 0.1 Hz (every 10 seconds), real-time error data

Thanks Eduardo