SDK install issues

Hi all,

Very happy my MUSE arrived today! I’m trying to get the SDK installed on Ubuntu 14.04. I seem to be having trouble with the python dependencies. I’m following the instructions on the dev download page. I have python 2.7.6 installed (couldn’t figure out how to upgrade to 2.7.8) so I went ahead. liblo-0.28 seemed to build fine. But pyliblo would not install. Terminal returning:

running build
running build_ext
building ‘liblo’ extension
x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c src/liblo.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/src/liblo.o -fno-strict-aliasing -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wfatal-errors
src/liblo.c:4:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory
#include “Python.h”
^
compilation terminated.
error: command ‘x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc’ failed with exit status 1

So it can’t find python?

Any advice? Is there a more up to date set of install instructions I’m very eager to see what this MUSE can do.

Thanks

Sorry to not be able to answer your original question, but out of interest, where is muse-io for you?
I recently tried to get the SDK installed after upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04 too, but executing the downloaded .run file does nothing:
http://forum.choosemuse.com/forum/developer-forum/826-musesdk-2-4-2-released
I’m guessing this step did something for you?

I didn’t try to run the installer yet because I assumed it wouldn’t work until I’d installed all the dependencies but the process is failing at pyliblo? Would you suggest running the SDK install anyway?

Ah, gotcha - I’m using golang for the OSC side, so didn’t need liblo or the python part, just muse-io (which the .run file should install, I think?)

I continued on further through the process, and ran into the same issue you did. It seems you need the python developer libraries:

[B]apt-get install python-dev[/B] fixed it for me

I also needed apt-get install python-setuptools to use easy_install for protobufs, but other than that, it seemed to work fine.
The SciPy install was quite large and intimidating, and it seemed unhappy with libzmq (no idea what that is…) but seemed to install ok.

After all that, and running the installer again, still no luck. i.e muse-player (and muse-io) are unrecognized commands, and I’m not sure where muse-lab.jar should be.

Thanks for the update nice to have some help from the community if not from the developers?? I’ll try what you’ve suggested and let you know how I go.

SciPy is for OSX I’m assuming it will work on Linux? Trying now…

Ok it all seems to have installed ok. But muse-io and Muselab jars both don’t run - just nothing happens at all. All the documentation refers to Mac or Windows has it been tested on linux at all?

edit: This is what I get when I run MuseLab in terminal

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeLater(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeLater(Unknown Source)
at ix.graphs.SignalVisualizerApp.run(SignalVisualizerApp.java:196)
at ix.graphs.SignalVisualizerApp.main(SignalVisualizerApp.java:185)
… 5 more

muse-io is still not found (despite being right there)

Is that the full error trace? Normally you’d have an actual error message at the top.

Hi glitchpop are you on osx? Can you set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH environment variables to include the /Applications/Muse dir? Can you check that it is set by echoing it to the terminal? We do append the terminal environment with our path during install but it can fail (no effect) depending on your shell configuration and how you start terminal.