Sending LSL messages with muse-io

Dear forum,

I’m attempting to send EEG data from the Muse to LSL with this command: [INDENT] [/INDENT]
$ muse-io --preset 10 --lsl-eeg ‘EEG’

and I’m getting this error:
Note: could not create multicast responder for address FF31:113D:6FDD:2C17:A643:FFE2:1BD1:3CD2 (failed with: set_option: Can’t assign requested address)
Note: could not create multicast responder for address FF02:113D:6FDD:2C17:A643:FFE2:1BD1:3CD2 (failed with: set_option: Can’t assign requested address)
Note: could not create multicast responder for address FF05:113D:6FDD:2C17:A643:FFE2:1BD1:3CD2 (failed with: set_option: Can’t assign requested address)
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::runtime_error: Provided element count does not match the stream’s channel count.

I’m running on Mac, OS 10.9.4. I’m having no problems sending out OSC messages using muse-io. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

So the “could not create multicast responder for address” is due to failure to bind an ipv6 address. See here: https://code.google.com/p/labstreaminglayer/source/browse/LSL/liblsl/src/stream_outlet_impl.cpp?spec=svn42b88b43a3b3d3a517c04f419a9ca18a53a532c6&r=42b88b43a3b3d3a517c04f419a9ca18a53a532c6#80

This is not a big deal cause LSL is nicely using both ipv4 and trying ipv6, so that’s not a problem. Haven’t tested much with ipv6 though, it should work though if you have the networking setup.

The exception may be caused by the receiving side? Do you have something listening to lsl when you run this? I just tried and could not duplicate that error. Then I tried with ‘EEG’ as the argument and it didn’t work. I had been testing with ‘abcd’ (no quotes). Not sure why it didn’t work with ‘EEG’. Can you try again with a longer label without the quotes? Not sure exactly what the problem is with quotes, I will investigate.

Also attached is a program that should run in the same path as muse-io to dump 4-6 channel lsl data.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5DnRdJPEd9gOUtWUDNvZW9vRnc/edit?usp=sharing