Setting Up the SDK

I am not a software developer but I am trying to set the SDK Lab in order to research the 5 different brainwave states. I downloaded the 5 needed tools for the software but opening them didn’t seem to help and I believe I am stuck. Do you need to open them in sequence? Are there step to follow after the downloads? Is downloading the lab allow me to see all 5 brainwave activities?

Me too. Wondering if all the downloads are needed to just see the data of the 5 brainwave states, or is there perhaps a shortcut that people can get to if they just want to see the real-time brainwave state data and nothing more?

I was once a software programmer but even for me the process to set up the SDK is a show-stopper. From the Indiegogo promo, I was hoping to see the different frequencies.

Check this thread. That should help i think.

http://forum.choosemuse.com/forum/developer-forum/949-which-brainwaves-are-each-of-the-4-channels-associated-with

As a quick overview for you all I can comment on the functionality of the SDK installations.

Once you have installed the SDK installer file located here: https://sites.google.com/a/interaxon…-site/download

You have fully installed Muse-IO and Muse-Lab.

Muse-IO is a tool used for connecting to a Muse and [B]streaming[/B] [B]live[/B] Data/EEG. In order to interact with your computer you will [B]always[/B] need to run Muse-IO.
Muse-Lab is a tool used for [B]plotting[/B] the live data as well as [B]saving[/B] it and streaming in into another program after plotting it. You only need to use Muse-Lab if you wish to plot the data real time and save data with [B]personal[/B] [B]markers[/B].
Muse-Player is a tool used solely for [B]saving streamed[/B] data, saving data from one format to another or [B]streaming[/B] out [B]saved data.[/B] This is the tool that currently requires the extra steps, if you [B]do not [/B]wish to [B]replay[/B] data you [B]do not [/B]need to fully install this with all the [B]additional[/B] [B]steps[/B]. In the future we will package Muse-Player with a simpler installation process, but for the time being we wanted to make sure it could be used if needed.

Bottom line, if you wish to only visualize live EEG and frequency breakdowns this can be done with the initial installation without the extra steps. [B]Launch Muse-IO and Muse-Lab and set up the plots.[/B] The order isn’t important, but if you try to run Muse-IO in TCP without a receiver it will throw a warning until you have Muse-Lab setup to receive the data.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Additionally, we’ve provided a couple of examples of OSC receivers for the developer community to connect directly into iOS and Android.

They are public git repositories, you can download through git or as a zip file.

You can now find their links here:
https://sites.google.com/a/interaxon…pageReverted=3

Hey, Can the MUSE device actually gives the “ATTENTION LEVEL” of the user ?
I want the attention level reading from the device to implement it in my project. please help me out with the API’s to get the readings for the same.

just to be clear with my question, like we are getting API’s to receive ‘eye blink’ and ‘jaw_clench’, I want API to receive ‘attention_level’ values.
Is this function available in MUSE device?

muse-io won’t launch on my installation - Max OS X 10.9.5 on a MacBook Pro.
First get this : toms-mbp:Muse tomkarches$ ./muse-io
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/liblo.7.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Muse/./muse-io
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

When I create /usr/local/lib and move liblo.7.dylib there, then I get this :

toms-mbp:Muse tomkarches$ ./muse-io
[SIZE=13px]dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/narek/Dev/3rdparty/lsl/build/LSL/liblsl/src/liblsl.dylib[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px] Referenced from: /Applications/Muse/./muse-io[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px]Reason: image not found[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px]Trace/BPT trap: 5

No editable install scripts, just a check for Mac OS X type.

I have sent a more detailed email to community

–tom[/SIZE]

I’ve got muse-io running now. I had to add some library paths to my .bash_profile and change the C_INCLUDE_PATH to /usr/include (not /usr/local/include) and change LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib (not /usr/local/lib). I am still unable to get past the pyliblo build step. I get this error :
building ‘liblo’ extension
cc -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -arch x86_64 -arch i386 -g -Os -pipe -fno-common -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -DENABLE_DTRACE -DMACOSX -DNDEBUG -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshorten-64-to-32 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DENABLE_DTRACE -arch x86_64 -arch i386 -pipe -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/include/python2.7 -c src/liblo.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.9-intel-2.7/src/liblo.o -fno-strict-aliasing -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wfatal-errors
[B]src/liblo.c:314:10: [/B][B]fatal error: [/B][B]‘lo/lo.h’ file not found[/B]
#include “lo/lo.h”
[B] ^[/B]
[SIZE=13px]1 error generated.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px]error: command ‘cc’ failed with exit status 1[/SIZE]
toms-mbp:pyliblo-0.9.2

Is anyone from Muse reading this? I’m willing to accept some bumpy roads with such a new product, but it doesn’t seem like much attention is being paid to the forums.

–tom

Hi Tom -
We do test our instructions against default installations of each operating system. In the future we are planning on simplifying this installation process so that none of those steps are necessary to install muse-player. It is possible that one of the libraries we use has released a new version and they have changed the way they do the installation. We will look into it and see what is going on.

• Paul

I would be happy to help test any updates to the SDK install process. I’m pretty easy to find in Google if you want to email me directly (I’m not the German). I have not done much software development lately, but I have been working with Unix like operating systems for quite a while.

–tom

Hi there,

For anyone still having SDK installation issues, please check out the latest SDK release, 3.0.1. It is a standalone installer and should greatly simplify things for you.

The Linux SDK still needs some work, but the Mac and Windows ones should be easier to install now.

Download it here: https://sites.google.com/a/interaxon.ca/muse-developer-site/download