I just started using the Muse, and I have faced the same issue that apperantly lot of other people, that I can’t turn off the screen while meditating with the Muse app. This is pretty bad for the battery and also for the Amoled display so until InteraXon releases a fix for this (which looks like they are planning to do), I wanted to find a solution and this is what I came up with (for Android):
- Download the Proximity Service app from the Play Store
- Before opening up Muse, start the service by opening the app
- Start meditating with the Muse app
- Put the phone down upside down, and becuse the Proximity Service is active, the screen is going to turn off, just like when you are in a phone call
- When you are done, tap the notification to turn off the Proximity Service
This works really well for me, so hopefully I can help some of you out.
I am not sure if this or something similar is possible on iOS, but if someone has found a way to do it, feel free to add it to this thread.