Step by step guide for EEG Data visualization in Windows PC

Hi,
I have already installed MUSE Direct from windows store and MUSELab (Muse Research Tools Setup Wizard). Can anyone guide me through the whole OSC streaming process and EEG Data visualization? I am not getting it :frowning:

In Muse Lab you have to individually set up visualizations for each thing you want to display.
In the drop down list, select Visualizers then New. Pick scrolling, then put checks next to which data you want to display in it. You can add multiple visualisations and customize the colors etc.

This can be a bit tedious! so instead you can just load this MuseLab config file and it will set up a bunch of visualisations for you :slight_smile:

Note that this config was designed for Muse Monitor, rather than Muse Direct, so your data paths might differ.

Yes it worked.

Can you tell me if I can get the raw data in the PC which can be further processed using MATLAB?

Yes, the OSC path is /muse/eeg
For Muse Monitor’s OSC data specs, you can find everything here: https://musemonitor.com/FAQ.php#oscspec

I got as far as “pick scrolling” (yep, did that) then when you say put checks next to which data you want to display on it" there is nothing on my screen there against which I can put checks. Just a box that says “finish”
Help

If you’re using my config file (linked above) then you don’t actually need to do anything in Muse Lab other than load the config file. Everything will be set up for you.

If you want to do it manually, then I recommend you read Interaxon’s Getting Started Guide for Muse Lab, if you skip to step 5, it shows you how to set up Muse Lab’s graphs.

If you’re not seeing anything in the “Incoming messages”, then Muse Lab is not yet receiving data. In Muse Monitor you need to go to settings and put your computers local IP address in as the “OSC Stream Target IP” and set the port you want in the “OSC Stream Port” (it defaults to 5000). If it’s still not working after that, then you may have something blocking UDP data on your network and I would recommend that you try again on another network. Many college/university networks block UDP traffic as it was used heavily for LAN gaming in the 90’s.