The Muse charging indicator

Has anyone ever seen the physical charging indicator on the headband give five [B]solid[/B] lights during charging?

The most I ever see on my Muse is four solid lights, and the fifth light blinking - even after an entire night left charging.

Wondering if this is normal, or if my Muse is an oddity.

Hi,
when you tap the button to see the charging status the 5th LED will always blink for a full charge to avoid confusion with the connected state. When fully charged and still charging the LED sequence switches to a wave pattern to indicate a full battery. Tapping the button in this state will show the 4 LEDs + 1 blinking sequence.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, Karsten - and good to know my device is not faulty.

Karsten, Im not having a good experience with how intuitive the headband communicates through the 5 LEDs either to understand battery and charging related info. I do love the headband though and appreciate you taking the time to help us. Please forgive the long email. I thought my headband was broken today and was super bummed. This message is to hopefully help inform the muse community possibly help the developers improve the product or maybe just educate me, a new novice user.

Karsten. You said the following above:

S1) when you tap the button to see the charging status the 5th LED will always blink for a full charge to avoid confusion with the connected state.
S2) When fully charged and still charging the LED sequence switches to a wave pattern to indicate a full battery.
S3) Tapping the button in this state will show the 4 LED

Regarding S1:

Q1) Does S1 mean that the 5th led will blink •only• when the headset is fully charged?
Q2) Does S1 mean if the third LED is blinking that it is 50% charged?

Regarding S2:

Q3) S2 says “switches to a wave pattern”. What pattern is it switching from?
Q4) What action triggers the switching mentioned in Q3?
Q5) S2 could be written as two sentences.
S2A: When fully charged the LED sequence switches to a wave pattern to indicate a full battery. S2B: When still charging the LED sequence switches to a wave pattern to indicate a full battery.
S2B doesn’t seem to make sense. If something is still charging it doesn’t make sense that it would switch to a pattern indicating it was fully charged.

Regarding S3:
Q6) Does S3 mean that when the wave pattern is happening with the LEDs, that if you depress the power button once for 1/4 of a second, that 4 LEDs will light up only when it is fully charged.

My full muse support ticket is under #39207.