Trouble pairing Muse with bluetooth-capable laptop

My Muse arrived about 4 days ago and it’s working great with my Android phone. Now I’m trying to pair it with my laptop, but so far no luck.

I have a Samsung Ultrabook NP900X3C running Windows 7. It has built-in Bluetooth, which has been working with my wireless mouse (which I have now uninstalled, thinking maybe the Bluetooth signals are interfering). Buetooth on my Android phone is off. Holding down the power button om the Muse for 6 seconds puts it in to searching mode. In Control Panel, Add a device, Windows cannot seem to find the device. No entry appears for Muse.

Any suggestions as to how to make the Bluetooth connection between Muse and laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Have you tried factory-resetting your Muse? From an off state, hold the button down for at least 15 seconds until the LEDs begin flashing in an alternating “back-and-forth” pattern. Then give pairing another try.

If that doesn’t work, you might want to try using a USB Bluetooth dongle. There’s a list of recommended dongles on our dev site that should work with Windows 7: https://sites.google.com/a/interaxon.ca/muse-developer-site/muse-hardware/bluetooth

Thanks, Tom. Yes I had tried the factory-reset to no avail. I’ve just ordered the Kinivo BTD-400 bluetooth dongle, so hopefully that will do the trick.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.