Using Muse in China

musedeveloper
csv
musemonitor

I’m working with some students in China and we are trying to get data from Muse headsets but having trouble registering the app. Any thoughts?

Send me an email to Support@MuseMonitor.com and I’ll see if I can help.

hello~I am developer of aalto university in Finland.We employ muse for our research project.We did not find a way to get real time attention figures. We wonder is there any way or algorithm to get the real time attention level?

The only thing close to an algorithm Interaxon have released is Mellow/Concentration which are in their developer FAQ here: http://developer.choosemuse.com/faq

Mellow
Mellow is based on the relative spectral power of alpha (7.5 – 13 Hz) called RSPa. RSPa uses Relative Band Powers from the Muse SDK called alpha_relative whose values range between 0 and 1. These values are sent out every 100 ms so we recommend taking a moving average of the last 20 values.

Concentrate
Concentrate is based on the relative spectral power of gamma(30 – 44 Hz) called RSPb. RSPb uses Relative Band Powers from the Muse SDK called gamma_relative whose values range between 0 and 1. These values are sent out every 100 ms so we recommend taking a moving average of the last 20 values. Note that the My Virtual Dream paper mentioned above used the beta band instead of the gamma band.