Using Muse in the background of other apps

I wish there was a way to use muse in the background of other apps. Meaning I’d like to use other meditation apps or my own tracks while muse is recording data in the background without any feedback. Then I’d like to be able to go back in the muse app and see how my meditation session went.
I love muse and the data but I think that for me the real-time feedback is not working because it is setting up too much expectation and I feel that my meditation practice has actually worsened in part because of muse. When I’m meditating I’m supposed to suspend judgment but it is hard to do with the feedback. I know I could turn the sounds off but I’d lie to be able to use other apps.
Is there a way to do this?

Hey there,
The Muse app needs to be open to capture your data. The only possibility is, as you mentioned, turn off all the sounds in the muse app, and play one of mediation tracks in the background or on another device, while leaving the Muse app open.

You can also use one of our other apps Muse Direct (iOS only for the moment, Android on the way) to record your eeg data in the background while you use other apps on your phone. Unfortunately it does not contain our algorithm which tells you if you are “Calm, Neutral, Active”.