What waves MUSE measures?

I want to know the waves Muse measure from it electrodes i.e Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Theta ?
also which position of electrode give us the above mentioned waves ?

Muse measures Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Theta at TP9, AF7, AF8 and TP10.
If you’d like to see the data you should check out Muse Monitor which I wrote :slight_smile:

Thank You Enigma644 ! can you also tell how the electrodes are connected ? using referential montage or differential montage ? All electrodes are connected to positive channel or negative with reference ?

I’m not sure sorry, you’d have to ask Interaxon about the hardware configuration.

Hi, is it possible to measure the waves directly from the device in real time? Kr Chris

Yes. This is what Muse Monitor is designed for :slight_smile: Just load it up and you’ll see your live brainwaves.

Thank you for the answer. I wasn’t sure because in another thread you wrote that the Calm algorithm is not available for 3rd party apps - just wanted to clarify about the waves.

I’d like to build an app that uses real time data and test the capabilities of the device - which muse + sdk combination can you recommend?

The 2016 Muse is the superior device in my opinion. The new 2018 Muse-2 has the pulse sensor placed right next to AF8 and because it’s a hard bit of plastic, it stops AF8 making as good contact as on the older 2016 model. So unless you really need the pulse, I’d stick with the 2016 Muse. Also it’s on sale right now for black Friday, so that’s another reason to get it!
Re, SDK, you can go with Interaxon’s SDK, Alex’s SDK, or talk to the device direct yourself… but Interaxon’s is going to be easier to get started.

Will go for the 2016 device then :slight_smile: Thank you for the comprehensive feedback!

Hello,
CAN THE MUSE BE USED WITH AMAZON KINDLE?.
IT SEEMS THAT ENIGMA64 PRODUCED AN APPLICATION THAT CAN BE DOWNLOADED TO AMAZON KINDLE?

Hi there,
YES, THE MUSE CAN BE USED WITH THE AMAZON KINDLE! AS LONG AS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FROM GOOGLE PLAY STORE, YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE MUSE APP.
I AM NOT SURE ABOUT ENIGMA64’S APPLICATION, BUT MY HUNCH IS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THAT ONE AS WELL.

Yes, you can use Muse Monitor on most Amazon devices. Get it here: Muse Monitor (Amazon).

Regarding the Kindle, so long as it’s running Android v4.0.3 or higher and has Bluetooth LE then it will work. I believe the only Kindles which do not meet this requirement are the non HD 2011 & 2012 Kindles Fire tablets.