Will the SDK support Muse 2 and all its new sensors?

Hey there, I want to buy a personal EEG for meditation and saw some Apps in
GooglePlay like Muse Monitor, which looks fantastic. I would buy the newer Muse 2 but then I saw, you didn’t release the SDK for the newer Muse yet.

As soon as you release the new SDK, you’ll have one more customer. :slight_smile:

Adding my request for Muse 2 SDK.

#metoo on request for Muse 2 SDK!

I’m very interested in the meditiation part of the Muse 2, but i’m also a dev. I want an API/SDK with live data to see what can be done with it. I’ll get one as soon as the SDK is ready!!

i assume the old (and new) SDK provides live streaming data?

ommmmmm

I seem to be getting EEG and band data alright using the Muse 2 with the latest SDK, though I can’t find any detailed specifications about what sample rates to expect with Muse 2.

@slmille4 Did you have to use Muse Direct or OSC for connecting with Muse 2 using the SDK?

@Daniel_Sadavoy as we are now well in to the new year and it’s been a few months since the Muse-2 release, can you please give us an ETA?

No, just the standard listeners, but from what I understand it’s iPhone-only for some reason.

I really need the SDK for Muse 2… I think If Intraxon release temporary library like v6.0.4 with patches for Muse 2 then I can use some basic sensor functions at least (even the sample Android app won’t work because of the current SDK). Anyways I hope it will be available soon🙏

I’m try to use Muse Direct but, even if I use different pcs, I always receive the same message: “Connessione non riuscita” (Connection failed).

If it’s not possible to have an official application that allows me access to raw data on brainwaves, then please, release the sdk!!!

I am a psychotherapist and I bought Muse 2 for clinical and research purposes. At present, however, I can make a very limited use of it.

I’m waiting a sdk for the muse 2 too. Any news ?

Which OS?

Hi guys, the Interaxon dev team is working on features and bug fixes with Muse 2, and support for Muse 2 in the SDK is not a priority right now. If you’re planning a Muse development project, please plan to work with Muse 2016 for now, as a timeline for Muse 2 support can’t be provided at this time.

Thats sad to hear. Can we at least get documentation on the BLE characteristics? That would provide me with enough to connect with my own software so I’m not waiting on you all to prioritize your community of eager developers.

Snown, appreciate your enthusiasm. You can access all of the data from Muse 2014, 2016, Lowdown Focus, or Muse 2 using MuseDirect, and you can access all of the Muse 2 data stream (or that of other Muse versions) for individual and research use with MuseLSL, which is free and open source - you don’t need the SDK to access those data for personal and research use.

Wonderful. I have looked into Muse Lsl already and I’ve used it as a reference when writing my own software for connecting to the Muse. @Graeme My aspriations are a bit more vast though and I require the data for the new hardware functions such as the Heart Beat sensor. Is it not possible to get the BLE characteristics? If not, can you explain why?

I’d recommend looking in the NeuroTechX Slack channel for help with MuseLSL data structures. There’s not really a heartbeat sensor per se in the raw data - rather it’s raw PPG signal, and you can get that from MuseDirect for iOS, which has a free trial option. MuseDirect for iOS also allows broadcast of the OSC data stream, including PPG data, to other IP addresses.

Thanks Graeme. Are you also aware of the new requirement (see below) from Google about the move to 64-bit. The current MUSE Unity SDK has 32-bit libraries in it. This will need to also support 64-bit. Are you planning on adding this in the future? Here’s the statement from Google:

From: https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2019/01/get-your-apps-ready-for-64-bit.html

The 64-bit requirement: what it means for developers

Starting August 1, 2019:

• All new apps and app updates that include native code are required to provide 64-bit versions in addition to 32-bit versions when publishing to Google Play.
  • Extension: Google Play will continue to accept 32-bit only updates to existing games that use Unity 5.6 or older until August 2021.

Starting August 1, 2021:

• Google Play will stop serving apps without 64-bit versions on 64-bit capable devices, meaning they will no longer be available in the Play Store on those devices.
  • This will include games built with Unity 5.6 or older.

I just bought the Muse 2 2018. I had to buy the Muse Monitor app to visualise data on my Android Phone (Xperia xz1). It runs well, even when doing groceries and driving in the car.

I’m going to perform experiments with my clients and need to stream the data to my macbook pro mid 2012.

How can I stream my data from my android Muse Monitor app to my Macbook Pro 2012?

64-bit libraries are already built in.