Will the SDK support Muse 2 and all its new sensors?

Yes, @Daniel_Sadavoy @paulb - please update the SDK soon…
We have some clients who will be less than thrilled if we can’t support Muse 2 soon! Can you give us an indication?

For all you others, I’ve just tested: you can indeed stream data from the Muse 2 to any OSC UDP port using an iOS device (not the Windows Store version, that doesn’t work with the Muse 2, last update was early 2017). Contrary to what the app lists, this does include the raw PPG signal (no derived heartrate and breath rate but you can filter for those). It’s less than ideal but at least we can test the signals while waiting for the SDK update.

Hi!

Above it was mentioned that all channels from Muse 2 can be recorded with Muse direct. The recording itself is working fine and the PPG measures are shown. However when exported from Muse cloud the data seems to only contain the EEG-data (I’ve tried exporting in .csv and .fif). So is it possible to have the raw data from PPG-measures at the moment or is the problem in my end? Sorry, you might have responded to this already but maybe not clearly enough :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Muse Direct does not work for me with Muse 2 and Windows. The Muse 1 works fine. Like with the SDK, the problem is in the bluetooth connecting.

I’m also waiting for the SDK for Muse 2 to be released, quite disappointing that it’s not yet available

Jozef

Hi,

I am working on a science fair project involving the muse 2 and I really need to be able to access the heart rate, breath, and eeg data from my own app. I want to then probably put this data into csv files to analyze it and to see if someone has sleep apena. How could I get the data from the muse 2? It seems to be possible from an app as indicated by muse direct but since the SDK is not updated I am not sure.

Thanks
Berk

Ugh. Guess I’ll return my Muse 2 when it shows up tomorrow – wish I’d seen this thread before I ordered.

Guys, please consider maintaining a CocoaPod for your SDK so that future developers can focus on … developing (vs. configuration).

+1 for the SDK or Linux tools for Muse 2. Also willing to make a pull request if there is an open source driver anywhere.

The Muse 2 looks amazing! We were ready to purchase several Muse 2 devices for our business, until we saw that it was not compatible with WIndows 10 and Muse Direct or Muse Monitor. I also saw the bluetooth recommendation, but am seeing the difficulties there as well. At this point, since there is no SDK for the Muse 2, we may need to consider other options/vendors. I see from the beginning of this thread that it has already been several months since the launch of Muse 2. I really hope that the SDK is going to released soon! Unfortunately we won’t be able to purchase the Muse 2 unless this happens.

It really is amazing, even from a meditation perspective. The biometrics would be fantastic to see in real-time. I already have a Muse 2, but my purchase came before the confirmation that it isn’t compatible with Windows 10. It was posted that the Muse 2 WILL be compatible with Muse Direct, but the platform was never specified - I was under the assumption that just like the Muse 1, it will be Windows compatible.

I know the SDK is coming, so at least it will work with Muse Monitor. I’m not very tech-savvy, so I’m not really sure why the Muse 2 has Bluetooth issues with Muse Direct on Windows 10, but not on iOS. I don’t know if this can be fixed or not, but I really hope it is, otherwise half the reason I bought my Muse 2 will be for nothing.

I just bought the new headset hot knowing. It is very poor customer service. To start selling the product without getting the software inline. But it’s nothing new, they did the same thing when they upgraded to the new style of app a few years ago. They left half the customers unable to connect to app. Seems like they only care about getting the money in and customers come last.

Hi Team Muse and @Daniel_Sadavoy would be great to get a timeline for the Android SDK update for Muse 2 headband. The big strength of the Muse community is the Open Source spirit and the growth of awareness to brain activity. Is the SDK notification list or GitHub Repo to watch? Thank you for your efforts.

Hello,I would like you to update the tools. I want to send heart rate values via OSC.

I bought the Muse 2 because of the false advertisement on the homepage about the SDK and Open Source development. Their own app is terrible. It doesn’t even work right. Pretty sure it was built with a hybrid in-app browser to load a site. The Breath and Posture features don’t even download or work for me. At least let us developers build stuff for it.

Is there any plan to release the SDK for the Muse2 soon in 2019?
I just bought one for research porpuses. But now I just realized it is not possible to read the data in a custom app.
Best

Bumping for visibility

Please, release the SDK for the Muse2!

Please release the SDK for Muse 2. Everyone is waiting for it !

You are losing momentum on developments and losing opportunities vs EEG devices from competition.

Your short futur is Muse 2, so make this SDK ready as fast as possible please !

Hey there, I want to buy a personal EEG for meditation and saw some Apps in
GooglePlay like Muse Monitor, which looks fantastic. I would buy the newer Muse 2 but then I saw, you didn’t release the SDK for the newer Muse yet.

As soon as you release the new SDK, you’ll have one more customer. :slight_smile:

Adding my request for Muse 2 SDK.

#metoo on request for Muse 2 SDK!