Windows Download

How do you download MUSE on a Windows computer?

[I]Calm[/I] the first application for Muse; the brain sensing headband, is only available for mobile devices.

If you are a developer, the SDK is available for download at developer.choosemuse.com

I knew when I backed that I wasn’t going to be able to use the headband on my Windows Phone, I thought that I might be able to use it on my Surface Pro through BlueStacks. That’s fallen through so I am left museless. I’m still happy I backed, neurofeedback needs all the commercial application and attention it can get.

That said, has there been any consideration to expanding the platforms for [I]Calm[/I]? I would be pretty pumped to see a Windows Phone app.

I tested with Samsung Active S windows 8.1 phone and MUSE can be connected to the phone. What we need is an API that can read the data coming through bluetooth in the same way as MuseIO for desktop (but in this case for Window phone 8.1)

Hi there DavTomas,

We don’t have any plans to support Calm or the Muse SDK for Windows phones right now, I’m afraid!

Hi there,

I have downloaded SDK but am having trouble pairing my Muse with my new laptop (Windows 8.1). It recognises it and connects for a moment but then disconnects and that’s that. The light doesn’t stop flashing on the Muse at any point during this process. I have tried the 15 second reset as well to no avail. I would really appreciate any ideas.

Many thanks.

Hi Lou, I had the same issue (Windows 8.1 x64), but I wouldn’t worry about it. I was still able to connect via MuseIO | MuseLab, and using my custom .NET code. I’d guess that it’s a problem with Windows 8.1 and not with your hardware

I am using windows 8.1. I google for a few days on this issue. Finally, the trick is to go to the taskbar and do join personal network under bluetooth and then you can add MUSE. However, the simplest way is to just use the software distributed by Hashmeer.

HI Tom, Windows 8.1 phone is currently supported by opensource Muse developer community. Great job. :slight_smile: